Broad-Bodied Chaser

Broad-Bodied Chaser
Wing Mosaic (Broad-bodied Chaser): Winner, Nikon In-Frame Competition August 2010

Cormorant

Cormorant
Cormorant: Winner, Attention to Detail, Bird Photographer of the Year 2017

Monday 9 January 2012

Winning Images in the WWT Photography Competition

I am delighted to find two of my shots have recently won the in the Autumn leg of the WWT photography Competition 2011-12, for the London Centre.

The following shot of  a Black-headed gull won in the Wetland Wildlife category.  I was particularly pleased with this as it was a shot I had been trying to get for some time.


The gull shot also featured in The Daily Telegraph in late December, and The Mail Online:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2079892/Swooping-conquer-Dramatic-shot-gull-diving-lake-running-wildlife-photo-competition.html

The following shot of a Ring-necked Parakeet won the People & Wildlife category:


Thanks very much to WWT for selecting these shots (and for sending me a copy of the BH Gull image after my recent laptop and tea collision disaster)!

No comments:

Post a Comment